Thursday 25 June 2009

Down Under - Bill Bryson

I just finished reading this bookand even though it's incredibly interesting and well written it's also 400 pages of pure torture!
I'm now 18 days away from my very first visit to Australia and let me tell you, reading this book only makes the waiting worse. It describes Australia's beauty in such a way that you almost feel obliged to go there. The problem is that I already wanted to go, badly, so now I just want to go even more...
It's a great book though, very interesting and full of things you'd otherwise never know. An example? Well the Australians love big things, there's a big banana, giant koala, big pineapple (spongebob anyone?) but also a big lobster named Larry. How cool is that. Now I really can't wait to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment