Thursday 14 January 2010

Prawn-melon salad

Seeing as Dani wanted to see more of my own recipes I'll post one right now. It's incredibly easy, incredibly healthy and even more delicious.
You start by taking some prawns (I had a few left from last week) and cleaning them the same way. Then you take about a table spoon of neutral oil (I used sunflower seed oil) and add a bunch of your favourite spices (I cheated and used a stirfry mix I have but obviously you can just add whatever you like). Mix this well and coat the prawns, let set in the fridge for two to three hours.
While the prawns are marinating, take one Galia melon and dice the flesh (or make melon balls if you prefer them). Take a seep plate and put some rocket salad on the bottom, put the melon balls on top of the salad and start frying your prawns in some more of the sunflower seed oil until fully cooked. Add your prawns to your plate and add a bit of freshly ground pepper.
Voila! A weird combination but it's absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment