Tuesday 13 October 2009

Extra recipe: Pink!

This one doesn't quite count for the challenge but it's an spare recipe. In case there's a week I can't cook for whatever reason I have this one as an extra. I'm just posting it now because I promised some people I'd show the pictures of my pink dinner.
You start of by cooking 500 grams of potatoes and beetroot (I bought precooked beetroot though) and dicing all of that. chop up 2-4 pickled gherkins‚ (depending on size and how present you want the flavour to be) a small onion and some parsley (4-5 tablespoons when chopped). Dice a cooked through chicken breast.
Take a bowl and mix 5 large tablespoons of mayonnaise with salt‚ pepper‚ paprika (the powder) and the parsley. Add the onion‚ gherkins and chicken and mix well. Add the potatoes and lastly the beetroot. Make sure all is well mixed and marvel at the gorgeous pink coloured meal you just created. For a bit of extra crunch you could add one or two chopped apples.
Works very well with salad and bread but without the chicken you can easily serve it as a side salad during a bbq.

No comments:

Post a Comment