Wednesday 30 December 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I've never actually written these down before but I figured it would help to keep them.

1. Lose weight. Everyone that knows me should know that I have a few (okay a lot) pounds to spare and it seems like a good plan to do something about that. Not that I'm hoping on becoming athin or anything but losing a bit of weight would be a good idea.
2. Stop nailbiting. This is something I set as a goal each year and I almost succeeded this time but a 24h flight a few days after a 24h train ride was a bit too much :(
3. Study in Germany for a year and pass whatever I study there. This should be happening in August so I can work in july to make enough money to fund this trip. I'm not sure what I'll study there though, either law, literature, didactics or german cultural studies. Need to discuss this with some people first.
4. Pass first aid and help as a volunteer at least three times. My final exam is on the first of april so I have eight months to volunteer for three events. Seems more than doable if you ask me.
5. Finish my cooking challenge. Only 36 weeks to go (not including this one)
6. Finish my religious books challenge. This will be one of the biggest challenges. I'm almost halfway through the Bhagavad Gita but the Qorán and Bible are already waiting to be read. On top of that there's a whole list of other books I want to read so I will definitely need to make more time for this.
7. Meet Emily! This is like superimportant because I've known her for a few years now and it would be a life mission completed if I could meet her.
8. See Amanda Somerville live. Another life mission I'd like to see completed. I came very close this year but she had to cancel the gig because of her dog dying :(
9. Get the Amanda Somerville Fanclub out there! MY goal for 2009 was to get it beyond myspace which we did with the forum, in 2010 I'd like it to get a bit more active so some of our epic ideas can become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment