Tuesday 8 December 2009

Week 12: Lasagne verde

Oh my, I'm a bit late this week, again -_- The recipe however is delicious. You start by chopping up two cloves of garlic and about a kilo of fresh spinach and then sauté them in a large pan in some butter and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave to simmer on low heat while you prepare a plain cheese sauce with 100 grams of butter, 100 grams of flour, milk (no idea how much I always make my sauce without measuring) and about 100-150 grams of parmesan cheese. Personally I always add a bit of salt, pepper, nutmeg and (a fair bit of) chicken salt. When that is done you can start layering. Start with a layer of spinach, then a layer of pasta, a layer of sliced ham, another layer of pasta, a layer of cheese sauce, pasta and then start again with spinach and repeat. Finish with a layer of cheese sauce and sprinkle some grated cheese over it. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 25 minutes.
Now I used green lasagne sheets that don't need pre-cooking but you can just as well use regular pasta or pasta that does need pre-cooking (obviously). This recipe is so much easier than regular lasagne bolognese and in my opinion just as delicious (if not more) and much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment